Friday, January 7, 2011

Ripened and Ruffles



I blocked my Ripened scarf the other day. Pardon the very brightly colored beach towel. And the dirty floor.

Blocking worked rather nicely and stopped the rolling, at least for now. I haven't gotten around to stitching the ends together, but will soon, and that should keep it in a reasonable shape. It's supposed to get "cold" in Seattle next week, which means all the way down to 30 degrees, so I will attempt to finish it this weekend to get at least one wear out of it next week.



I've been working on Just Enough Ruffles by Laura Chau. I found some delightful Paton's Angora Bamboo in my stash and thought it would be perfect. Light and fluffy and soft. I seem to have a plethora of thick, really warm, scarves, so maybe this can be the beginning of my lightweight spring scarf collection.

I am worried about having enough yarn, so I did a single cast on instead of my normal long tail. Not sure yet if I like it, but boy did I like not having to cast on 6 times because I used all my "long tail"!



This project also has something I've never done before - short rows. You knit this scarf long-ways, and after establishing the top, you knit shorter and shorter rows to make the middle of the scarf wider than the ends. I like the effect. It's almost like a mini-shawl.

Lots of knitting to be done this weekend. Good thing there is both a Husky basketball game and the Seahawks playoff game. I'll be doing a lot of sitting and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment