Monday, January 31, 2011

Finished Ruffles and Ripened

Huzzah! At last, the finished objects!!

After year(s) in the making, I finally took pictures of my Ripened Scarf-turned-moebius.


Pattern: Ripened Scarf by Danielle Chalson (ravelry link)
Yarn: Norwegian wool parents bought on cruise, Dark Red
Needles: Size US 7, 4.5mm

And a project that took much less time, my Ruffles scarf:


Pattern: Just Enough Ruffles, by Laura Chau
Yarn: Paton's Angora Bamboo, Low Tide
Needles: Size US 7, 29 inch circulars

I started this with three skeins of the angora bamboo and did some modifications to make sure I had enough. I used size 7 needles, instead of the size 9 the pattern suggested. I also did a single cast on instead of long tail, which used less yarn and made it a much more pleasant experience to cast on - no running out of the tail when you get to stitch 198 out of 200! The garter stitch boarder was supposed to be a couple rows longer, but I shortened for yarn's sake as well. The sacrifice may allow it to curl up a bit more than intended. In the end, I used about 2.7 skeins of yarn. My first successful cold sheeping project!!

I love this scarf. It's very soft against the skin and doesn't irritate at all when you wear it. It's also pretty light weight, so you don't feel bogged down like with lots of thick wool scarves. It's perfect for Seattle's springtime.

Speaking of springtime, there are bulbs across the street starting to come up! It's sunny and cold today, and should be for the rest of the week. Perfect for flaunting my Ruffles scarf.



_____________________________________________

Cold Sheeping Tally

Total Yards: 16,868.8
Total Grams: 10,559.2
Number Skeins: 124.4
Finished Objects: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment