Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rags

I've been working on a bigger project that is going to take quite a bit of time, so I decided that I would take mini breaks after each pattern repeat to work on a small project that could be completed quickly. So far I've done three, with varying degrees of "quickness."

 First up was Leaves.


Pattern: Leaves, by Evelyn A. Clark, in Trendy Knit Dishcloths
Yarn: Lily Sugar & Cream, Key Lime Pie
Needles: Size 8 straight
Time to complete: 3.5 hours

I really like the way this one turned out. Took me two movies, then I was back on to the "big project." I certainly think they look like leaves.

Then I started on Sun.


Pattern: Sun, by Evelyn A. Clark, in Trendy Knit Dishcloths
Yarn: Red Heart Eco-Cotton, Candy
Needles: Size 8, 16" circular
Time: 7 hours



This baby took me much longer than Leaves. Lots of turning and slipping stitches. It's big and I like it, but it was a bit obnoxious to knit.

Then, just last night, I started and finished Ripples.


Pattern: Ripples, by Evelyn A. Clark, in Trendy Knit Dishcloths
Yarn: Lily Sugar & Cream, Yellow
Needles: Size 8 16" circulars
Time: 2 hours

It only took one movie! Awesome! I didn't even hate the pattern. It was quite simple and enjoyable, actually. I think I like Leaves a bit better, but for the time this was the best thing possible.


All in all, a good start to stocking up some "inventory," just in case we ever start to market our knitting goods. Or, if that doesn't happen, good stocking stuffers at Christmas, or filler in gift baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment