Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"It's-Not-Bad-Yet" Creations

I've been knitting. Really, I have. I have even taken pictures of completed projects so I can blog about them.

I just forgot my camera at home.

Again.

So instead I'm going to show you my genius-born-out-of-necessity creations (sorry 'bout the iPhone photo quality):

Mint chip ice cream in a Girl Scout Thin Mint Sammie!

You may wonder how in the heck I had Thin Mints around in September, many many long months after February.

Have I ever mentioned I need to clean out my freezer?



Also, I had more stone fruits from my box that were going bad. Not because they were old, but because I left them to ripen and they went from fruits of stone to mush in about 48 seconds. So I used two nectarines and made AB's recipe for Peach Nectarine Upside Down Cake.


Still delicious with the nectarines.

After this experience I can tell you three things:

1. Even if you use nectarines, you should still remove the skins. They make it hard to cut the fruit for a smaller bite.

2. They're just as delicious as Right Side Up Cake.

3. You feel like you're getting away with something when you eat one for breakfast.


Knitting posts coming soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment