Tuesday, September 21, 2010


I found a winter headband at Anthropologie the other day that was cute, but waaaay too expensive to purchase when you know how to knit.  So I'm going to try to make one.

I went on Ravelry to find a pattern for a flower. I've never made one before. There are SO MANY options. It's a little hard to handle that many choices. So I decided I would try two different ones and go from there.

My first attempt was at a free pattern from Lion Brand yarn, a simple knit rose.

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

Cute and small, right?

Well, mine didn't turn out anything like that. Not sure if I didn't use the right needles for my yarn or what, but it turned out.....

Kind of looking like a va-jay-jay.


So, I tried a different pattern. This time, I used a pattern posted by a fellow Raveler.

This gal turned out true to the pattern:

Now that I've got the flowers, I just have to make the headband to attach them to. I'm thinking about using the yarn I harvested from the sweater.

Also thinking about trying to knit this other braided headwrap at Anthropologie. Looks super simple, and I actually have a pattern for a braided scarf that I could go off of. Not that you really need a pattern for something this simple. Or that you could ever wear a braided scarf and a braided headwrap at the same time. Too matchy-matchy.

I'll keep you posted with updates. Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment