Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Day

A week later and I still haven't finished my cold frame.  Why? We got 9 inches of snow this week.  Snow, in Seattle? PANIC!

Last weekend we got several inches overnight, and I was able to get in an awesome snowman before starting the day.


We called him Lorenzo Snomar. Unfortunately, Mr. Snomar had an accident 5 minutes after this photo was taken and imploded.  In honor of his memory, a seven-foot-tall modern art sculpture was erected in his stead.

Most of the snow melted over the next day or so, but we weren't in the clear. After a bit of dusting on Tuesday, Seattle hunkered down for "Snowpocalypse 2012."  The forecast was for at 8-16 inches of snow in some areas on Wednesday, with it all disappearing with rain on Thursday.  Boy were they wrong!

Wednesday was a doozy, with 3 inches on the ground when I woke up.  I made it in to the office, but when the snow continued throughout the morning, I decided it was safer to head home before the roads got really bad.  Luckily for me, that meant that I was home with enough light left to go sledding! And make a snow angel or four!


All in all, we got about six to seven inches of snow on Wednesday.  Not quite as bad as foretold.

After waking up to freezing rain pounding on the windows all Wednesday night, I decided not to venture out in the 1/4 inch thick ice rink, and worked from home.  Lots of people out and about later in the day, once the freezing rain turned to snow, on cross country skis, snowboards, sleds, and just walking the dog.  By noon we had gotten 3 1/2 more inches of snow.


Today it's dumping down.... but rain this time.  It's supposed to be 47 degrees by ten o'clock tonight. Oh well.  It was pretty while it lasted, and maybe I'll get to the mountains soon to play in it some more.


I managed to get a bit of knitting done while snowed in.  Of course I didn't get any pictures of my projects, but will soon. I'm even in the process of working out a new hat design. Yay creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment