Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grouchy Oscars.

SOO CLOSE!!
Full of ire and dismay at losing the Oscarette. Again. One award away from wrestling the coveted Oscarette from Megan's white-knuckled grip. I feel like Meryl Streep. Year after year I come so close, only to lose out at the last second. At least Sandra Bullock had a decent acceptance speech.

This year I blame James Cameron. I was counting on Avatar to bring home some gold, but he totally lost out to his ex-wife. Kudos to her, but hell, I kinda don't think The Hurt Locker deserved both Directing AND Best Picture.

Should remove the Oscar Check Off List from the blog, but most of the movies are coming out on DVD this month, so maybe I'll keep it up for a while until I get to see the ones I want (i.e. Crazy Heart, The Blind Side, Sherlock Holmes, The Princess and the Frog, Up in the Air). Should provide me with many knitting hours.

Speaking of knitting, I've started and made some serious progress on the "Birthday Project." Between the Oscars and the knit-together last night with Erika and Amber, I'm about half done. And I finished my last Christmas gift during the Olympics, which gives me a Knit Olympics Gold Medal!

No comments:

Post a Comment