Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Magic Words.

Full Circle sent me an extraordinary box this week. Not particularly due to the contents (only one TINY red pepper? rip off.) or the quality (good, as always), but because of the newsletter. Normally I skim the headlines just to see if there is something interesting, then recycle the thing. This time, my eye caught on the word "prosecco."

Who's eye WOULDN'T catch on Prosecco? It's delicious and alcoholic. Yum.

Tangerine and Prosecco Sorbet

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
2 cups fresh squeezed tangerine juice, strained
1 cup Prosecco
1 Tbsp finely grated tangerine peel

Heat sugar and water (simple syrup) over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Transfer to a medium bowl and chill until cold, about 2 hours.

Mix juice, prosecco and peel with simple syrup; whisk to blend well.  Transfer to ice cream maker, etc. etc....

...OR....

Do as I did:
While simple syrup was chilling, I juiced tangerines (don't forget to strain) and put it in fridge. My champagne was, conveniently, already in there.  I also put my tupperware in the freezer.

When syrup was cool (kinda. I'm not very good with that patience thing), I mixed in the other ingredients and put it in the freezer. Then, I stirred it every half hour or thereabouts. I wasn't very good about remembering because Ricky was over with stories. By the time I went to bed it was the most delicious slurpee I've ever had.


I might just skip dinner tonight and drink the remaining half bottle of champagne with a side of sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment