Friday, February 12, 2010

Wait, what's the hobby of mine?

Oh yeah, that's right, I'm a knitter. I knit. I should start doing that again.

Once upon a time I ordered four hanks of pretty green yarn from Argentina on Ebay. I've decided it's time to get it out of the closet so I can store something else (more yarn?) there. Enter the Drops Bag Pattern.


Pattern: Drops Bag
Size needles: US8, 29" circular
Yarn: Argentina green

This should be a quicker project than some because it's a simple k/p/cable pattern. However, it will require a liner, buttons, and a strap. I've never used purse handles before (only sewn my own straps), so it could be an adventure. I hope to find a fun pattern that's a surprise when you open the bag. JoAnn's clearance section usually suits me fine. (Sarah's purse hides a cowboy!!)

And after that? It might be time to try something new and challenging. I have yet to make a sweater, so I think I'll do that. Anyone got a bun in the oven? I'm not ready to make something for myself, so I'll start with a baby sweater. One option:

Pattern: Trellis by Britta Stolfus Rueschhoff

Or similar. Come on, who's preggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment