Friday, June 20, 2014

Stitch Fix Number 2

Came home from field work on Wednesday to another StitchFix box on my porch!






I got two blouses, two dresses, and earrings.

I started with the blouses. I could tell from the pictures on my style card that it was going to be too blousey for me.

(Please ignore the messy dresser in the background of all my pictures....)

 Blanchette Tie-Neck Peasant Blouse  - $64

That's a nope. Too see-through and just too big and baggy. Apparently blouses have to be cut just right for them to work on me.

Blouse number two, however, I really  liked.

Filbert Abstract Striped Henley Blouse - $54





I guess I'm just a sucker for 3/4 length sleeves. But this top had some fun details and totally wasn't baggy like the other one, so I dug it.

Dress number one.... Ugh.

Harriet Chevron Print Detail Dress - $64





I don't know how you can call something with so much chevron pattern boring, but this actually really was. The skirt either should have been fuller and more of an A-line, or a bit more fitted. Just a no. Nope nope nope.

Dress number two was such a Robyn dress.

Spensur Striped Jersey Dress - $54


A-line (which I guess people are now calling a fit and flare??) with a fun striped pattern. Yup, definitely something I would wear. However I'm kind of debating on this one because the material is just basic cotton and I just bought something really similar from Loft.... This dress, but obviously not the maternity version. It's even two shades of blue, too. I'll have to try on them both tonight to decide if I should have both in my closet.

The earrings were another no.

Adele Hoop & Stone Earring - $32

I didn't take a picture of them, but here's a link to someone else's blog that got them in their Fix.

So, I think this time I'll be keeping one shirt and maybe one dress, which is about what I kept last time. While I might not have been as impressed with this box as my first one, I still think it's a lot of fun. The anticipation of getting a box and the excitement of opening it to see what they sent you might be worth spending a few extra bucks on a shirt. It's the experience! But I think I'll wait a few months before my next fix. I can't imagine getting a monthly box at these prices. All of my shopping budget would be blown and I wouldn't be able to stop at the Rack on a whim on my way home to pick up something random. Heaven forbid I not be able to impulse buy at the Rack!


No comments:

Post a Comment