Thursday, December 22, 2011

Stash Stall


I have completely lost track of my stash.  I need to toss it and start my tally over.  I was doing really well with knitting from the stash, then I bought my first skein in a year and it all went downhill. 



Pattern:  New Ancestral Christmas Stocking, by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Paton’s Classic Wool, Red and Natural; Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids, Green.
Needles: US 4, 16’ and 32’ circulars.



I’m still knitting from the stash when I can, like with the stockings, but now I have half a skein of green left to take the place of the red and cream.  Took a week to finish the first stocking, and almost two weeks for the second one due to the third cold of the season hitting me pretty hard, plus holiday events and such.  I really enjoyed knitting both of them, they were just difficult enough with the color work to keep my mind engaged, then learning how to turn the heel was an adventure.  Maybe someday soon I’ll venture into the world of knitting socks…. But not too soon. They still intimidate me.  Maybe it’s time to take an actual knitting class? 



Two more skeins from the stash out the door and off the list - I finished the monster that has been languishing in my office cubicle since June.  It only took me two lunch hours to finish the big guy, then another two to finish the little guy.  That’s ridiculous.  Why didn’t I get him off the needles six months ago?  As frustrated as I am that it took me so long, maybe it was fate.  Now I know the perfect recipient to get them as a Christmas gift.  Yay for babies!



Pattern: Daphne and Delilah the Momma and Baby Monster, by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, Dusty Pink and Dusty Green
Needles: US size 6, 16’ circular and DPN.

Speaking of languishing on the needles… All that’s left for that dang purple sweater is eight inches of sleeve (k2p2) and picking up and knitting the ribbing around the neck.  Also something that will only take me a couple hours ( ok, maybe ten or so), but I just can’t work myself up to finishing.  When I create my list for January, it will be at the top. 

_____________________________________

Cold Sheep Totals:
Total Yards:  16,161.7
Total Grams: 10,590.6
Number of Skeins: 119.5
Finished Objects from Stash: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment