Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just Like Daddy's Hat

Oops, I did it again.



Started this wee tiny baby hat after returning from the shower on Sunday.  Finished it Monday night after our dinner guests left.  How can I stop myself from knitting these adorable tiny things when they only take an hour or two??

This one is just a bit special - I found this newborn pattern that is basically the same pattern I knit up for my brother's birthday last year.   After stash diving for the right yarn, I came up with this soft lilac color.  Maybe not the manliest color, but baby soft and "purple." It also happens to be the same yarn I used to knit a hat for the baby's mama when I first started knitting years ago.  Funny how things fall in to place when you keep yarn around for five years...

Pattern: Eyelet Mock Cable Rib Hat by Lenore English
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby Solids, in Lilac
Needles: US 5


___________________________________

Haven't weighed the leftover yarn yet, so no new stats.

Finished objects from stash: 8

1 comment: