Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas to All

Another Christmas, come and gone.  We spend so much time getting ready for the holiday; baking, cleaning, and shopping for hours.  Then, two days later, all that's left is a fridge full of left overs, a recycling bin full of boxes and ripped paper, and about 8 extra pounds around the middle. 

But I think it's worth it.



I love the Holiday Cheer that abounds. When I cross paths with another car sporting a festive wreath, they always smile and wave. Not only did I get smiles and waves from several workers when I took the ferry, but a lady in the car in front of me ran over to give me a high five.



I love giving present and watching their eyes go big with excitement when they open the special thing you made just for them.



I love how full and warm the house feels when the tree is up in the window and holiday decorations are set on every surface.

But most of all, I love being together with family. We eat, we laugh, we eat, we play games, we drink wine, we eat some more. And we're together, celebrating the holiday with those we love.


Did you think I was joking? This is just our "finger food" meal for five on Christmas Eve.  We had salami, four types of "plain" cheese, cranberry goat cheese, caramelized onion and nut brie, shrimp cocktail, hummus, pickles, focaccia bread, caprese skewers, pasta salad, cheese straws, sage crackers, cheesy puff pastry sticks, two types of sandwich bread, a veggie platter, chocolate truffles, and three plates of goodies.  I brought apple butter bars, peanut butter blossoms, cranberry nut bread, and poppy chow. Dad made a giant batch of rosettes. Mom made lemon bars, peanut butter fudge, mint brownies, thumbprint cookies, scotcheroos, Heath cookies and cranberry bliss bars. 

Good thing Christmas is always a "Calorie-free" weekend!


Ollie says, "OH! The Gluttony!!"



Merry Christmas to All, And to All a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment