Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bandwagon - Stitch Fix version

I read about Stitch Fix online a while ago, but didn't think any more about it.  Then, a few weeks ago, a friend posted about her shipment on Facebook and I realized that real people actually use the service.  And they like it. I've been thinking about trying to turn my wardrobe a bit away from comfy cotton laying tees and cardigans towards a bit more professional attire with some blouses, etc.  I've had a bit of a hard time, partly because I don't go shopping all that often, and partly because when I do go shopping, I totally gravitate towards little cotton tees, with the occasional dress, and an even rarer jacket with fun details. 

So, long story short, I signed up for a Stitch Fix shipment and got it on Wednesday.  I have three days to try them on, decide what I'm keeping, and mail back what I don't want.



And they send you a little style card with recommendations on how to wear your items.



Please excuse my open closet in the background in all these pictures.... apparently I wasn't thinking about posting photos when they were taken...


Collective Concepts - McKinley Tribal Printed Short Sleeve Blouse - $68

I like the pattern, but man. This is one of those loose flowy blouses that are in right now. While I can get behind the flowy, the flowy combined with the sleeves and the high neck... Nope. Not for me. 

Status: Returned.



Splendid - Ruben Tab Sleeve Open Cardigan - $78


I actually like the blouse better with the cardi over it. This is your basic long open cardigan. It's really soft cotton, and I dig the coral color. How much I have in my closet to go with it though.... I'll have to check.  On the docket for tonight. But is it worth a whopping $78???

Status: Debating.

AV Max - Hammond Clover Stud Earrings - 38


Nope.  $38 dollars for earrings, and studs at that. I normally wear drop earrings due to my earlobe size, and I think I could find silver studs I like just at much for half the price at the Rack.

Status: Returned.

41Hawthorn - Madox Tribal Print Fit and Flare Dress - $68






Hello, well fitting dress. It fits like it was meant to be. And with all the baby showers and bridal showers coming up? Calling this one a win.




The dress is pink and blue.  Look how well the coral cardi goes!

Status: Kept.




Pink Martini - Moises Colorblock Sleeveless Dress - $68


This dress is thin stretchy cotton, with a polyester skirt. Obviously the top is really thin and see through (hello black bra). It's cute. But... I kind of feel like the tulip skirt makes my bottom half look even bigger than normal. If the dang tissue paper wasn't in the way....


Maybe if I had a lil jacket over it? I don't know if that would mask the balloon butt syndrome though.

The man liked it. He brought up all the upcoming showers that will require dresses. Not sure if it's worth the $68 though.

Status: Debating, but will probably go back.


If I didn't like any of them, I could return them all and just be out of the $20 styling fee, but I think I'll keep at least the tribal dress, and maybe even the cardi if I can convince myself it's worth it.

If you decide to try it, use my link and I'll get a $25 referral credit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment