Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fudge Bites

A friend just "pinned' a version of these pseudo-healthy fudge bites that looked delicious. But... I'm not that organic. I don't keep carob or coconut oil around the house. And then when I followed the links back, and back further, and back further, the hippy recipe she pinned was just bunch of modifications away from a real recipe I could get behind. Real as in for normal people. Who stock a normal pantry. You know, like you're from the midwest. And I had all the ingredients. Because I'm that girl. Not the hippy.

All that being said, I kind of think the coconut oil might taste good. I might have to find some. Stupid Seattle. It's infecting me with hippy-dom.

PB Fudge

1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/8 cup honey
1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients together. Pour into lined or greased mini muffin tin and cool in refrigerator or freezer until solid. Store in ziptop bag in fridge.Makes 15 mini fudge bites.

I forgot to grease my tiny muffin tin and they refused to come out in one piece, so they will become fudge "balls". Next time forget this muffin thin thing. I'm going for a square pan and cutting them. Sheesh.

I'm not linking a source because this recipe has been butchered so many times around the internet. Modifications include coconut oil or olive oil instead of butter, carob instead of cocoa, almond or other butter, instead of peanut butter, straight up almonds ground in the food processor instead of peanut butter, and maple syrup for honey (I guess coconut oil and maple syrup would make it vegan. If you're into that kind of thing). They all make double this amount, too, but hey, I know myself. Having that much fudge around the house is a recipe for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment