Friday, October 21, 2011

Gifts

I finally sewed in the ends on my gift shawl.  It has been languishing in the knitting basket under my sweater for months. I'm kind of ashamed of that. But who needed a shawl in July?


It look s a little wonky, but it really is symetrically shaped. I swear.


I thought the stitch pattern was really cool.  After I figured it out.  I think I restarted this three times because someone would start talking to me while I was knitting and I'd lose a stitch.  Glad I frogged it though, because you can totally see a slipped stitch.


Pattern: Madeleine Shawl by Courtney Kelley, in Vintage Modern Knits
Yarn: Moda Dea Bamboo Wool, green
Needles: US Size 10

Unfortunately I don't get to add it to my Cold Sheep totals because it's already in there.  I'm just playing catch up with pictures.

But speaking of frogging projects due to slipped stitches....


Pattern: Zaggity Hat by Jenny Sorenson
Yarn: Filatura Lanarota Wool Heathers, 729
Needles: US size 5

I thought Peanut needed a hat that matches his little man sweater.  You can't see the design very well due to the low light, but there is a zig zag with knits, purls, and slipped stitches.  I kept reading the pattern wrong and had to frog it after row 12 the first attempt. Apparently I need to pay more attention to reading!

____________________________

Cold Sheep


Total Yards: 15,581.1
Total Grams: 9,870.6
Number of Skeins: 115.3
Finished Objects: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment