Thursday, August 12, 2010

Proud Grandma

My little Spider Plant babies are all grown up and having babies of their own.


They start sending out stalks with little nodules on the end and little leaves sticking out along the length.


Soon the nodules become little flowers, and eventually wee itty bitty spider plant babies on the ends of the stalks. If you snip them off, the leaves further up on the stalk become babies themselves.  I find it quite fascinating.  Right now I have four spider plants in the office that are in various stages of this process.  None of them have full fledged babies yet, but I'm waiting anxiously.

In other news, I received the bag of vanilla beans I ordered today.


I opened up the bag to check them out (and, honestly, to take a big whiff), and they just kind of had a musty scent.  I was a bit disappointed.  I poked around, trying to figure out how many beans were in a 1/2 pound bag (I'm guessing around 100) and ended up with tiny little vanilla seeds all over my fingers.


Twenty minutes later and I'm having to stop myself from sucking on the tips of my fingers. Oh man they smell so good. I'm so excited to use these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment